choi baccarat mien phi
Pee Dee News

SC bill would prohibit sex offenders from working, volunteering around kids

Right now, registered sex offenders are allowed to work and volunteer around kids, but a South Carolina bill introduced last week in the State House of Representatives could change that.

TRAFFIC ALERT: Traffic blocked after two 18-wheelers collide on I-95 in Dillon County

Suspicious fire at Lumberton department store under investigation

Shooting at Florence McDonald’s leaves one injured

Logging off? Florence County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page down

SCDOT’s new year’s resolution: fixing potholes

Deputies: 12-year-old stabs fellow student at SC school

Continued Coverage

Pest found in Darlington County forces some states to quarantine S.C. sweet potatoes

Deputies investigating after arcade securtiy officer was shot in foot, $6,000 stolen

Pee Dee students learn drone technology through STEM program

Video: Florence police officer cleared in deadly July shooting

choi baccarat mien phi Florence Police: Driver cited after single-vehicle crash causes brief power outage

Palmetto Cash 5 ticket worth $100K purchased in Marion

SC congressman talks shutdown’s effects on locals

Congressman Tom Rice says the middle class has suffered due to low skilled workers and a variety of other issues. Perhaps most importantly, Rice says while he wishes the shutdown weren’t happening, it’s a fight worth having.

Attorney for ex-deputy charged in deaths of mental health patients speaks out

The attorney for one of the two former Horry County Sheriff’s Office deputies who was charged in the deaths of two mental health patients is speaking out for the first time since the September 2018 incident.

Police: Fire at vacant Latta home appears suspicious

Police are investigating an apparent suspicious fire last week at a vacant home in Latta.

Marion man faces attempted murder charges after firing into vehicle on Christmas Eve, police say

A man has been arrested and charged after allegedly firing into an occupied vehicle in Marion last month.

Cooper visits Robeson County to assess Hurricane Florence damage

Darlington County deputies investigating after man shot Tuesday night

Group rallying support for $198 million upgrade to Florence One schools

Police: Marion man arrested for murder after he shot a man in the head Monday night

Video: DCSO investigating after attempted armed robbery Tuesday afternoon; Suspect in custody

Florence police seek public’s help in shoplifting investigation

Florence County deputies warn of financial scams

Florence County deputies are warning residents of financial scams after receiving complaints from victims over the past several days.

Man arrested on drug charges in Robeson County

A joint investigation by the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office and the North Carolina Highway Patrol has led to the arrest of a Charlotte man on drug charges.

Robeson County deputies seek murder suspect

The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s assistance in apprehending a murder suspect.

Robeson County residents test for bacteria in well water

Researchers are studying the impacts of flooding events on resident's well water by distributing free test kits in North Carolina.

Police: Possible murder investigation underway after a man was shot in Marion

A possible murder investigation is underway after a man was shot Monday night, according to Marion Police Department Chief Tony Flowers.

Local prison workers feel the impact of government shutdown

As the partial government shutdown enters its third week, local communities in our area are feeling the impact.

Gas leak contained at Francis Marion University after truck struck propane tank

Buildings and roads are back open after a truck delivering materials to the Francis Marion University campus Monday afternoon accidentally struck the cap on a propane tank releasing propane gas.

Police: Man arrested in connection with woman’s death who fell from moving car in Dillon

A man has been arrested in connection with woman’s death after she fell from a moving car on New Year’s Day, according to Dillon County Police Chief David Lane.

51-year-old woman killed in Conway house fire

A 51-year-old woman died during a house fire Sunday night, according to Horry County Coroner Robert Edge.

Former bus driver sues Marlboro County School District over alleged sexual harassment

A former school bus driver for the Marlboro County School District has filed a federal lawsuit against the district over what she said was repeated sexual harassment at the hands of a coworker.

Coroner identifies child killed in Pee Dee crash

The Darlington County coroner has identified the young girl who died in a traffic crash Friday afternoon.

Manhunt leads to one arrest after Friday night shooting at Lake City nightclub

A perimeter is being set up by the Lake City Police Department to conduct a manhunt following a Friday night shooting, according to Amy Pringle with the LCPD.

Florence police investigating armed robbery at salon

Officers with the Florence Police Department are investigating an armed robbery, according to Lt. Mike Brandt.

Former deputies charged after two women drowned in transport van bond out of jail

A judge set bond Friday for the two Horry County Sheriff’s Office deputies who drove around a flood barrier resulting in the death of two mental health patients.

NC woman says contractor took $20,000 for post-hurricane work that wasn’t done

At age 66, Mary Beth Smith never thought she would be re-staining her stairs on a Friday afternoon.

Seven-year-old child dies in crash in the Pee Dee

An afternoon crash in Darlington County has claimed the life of a 7-year-old.

Former SC deputies to face involuntary manslaughter charges after mental health patients drowned in transport van

The two Horry County Sheriff’s Office deputies who drove around a flood barrier resulting in the death of two mental health patients are facing charges.

Florence police investigating after two replica Civil War guns were taken during burglary at museum

The Florence Police Department is investigating after two very unique guns were taken during a burglary at the War between the States Museum.

Darlington County Sheriff’s Office warns of phone scam targeting churches

Darlington County Sheriff’s Office is issuing a warning after multiple reports of a telephone scam targeting local churches.

Pedestrian hospitalized after being struck by vehicle in Florence County

A pedestrian was transported to a local hospital Thursday after being hit by a vehicle in Florence County.

82-year-old woman dies in crash following police chase in Marion County; suspect denied bond

An 82-year-old woman was killed in traffic crash Wednesday as police were pursing an attempted murder suspect in Marion County.

Call for a suspicious vehicle leads to arrest of Lumberton man

A report of a suspicious vehicle led to the arrest of a man on drug charges Wednesday in Robeson County, according to an online post from the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies: Drugs seized after traffic stop in Robeson County

A man was arrested on several drug charges following a traffic Wednesday in Robeson County.

Darlington County Sheriff’s deputies still without body cameras after placing order in 2017

The Darlington County Sheriff’s Office has yet to benefit from a $112,000 grant for body cameras it received in 2017.

New HOA law in effect in South Carolina

A new Homeowners Association law is now in effect throughout South Carolina.

Dillon Police say woman died after falling from moving car

A woman has died after falling from a moving car on New Year’s Day, according to Dillon County Police Chief David Lane.

Owner of first CBD store in Pee Dee says the products ‘get you healthy not high’

The first store to sell products containing cannabidiol, also known as CBD, in the Pee Dee has opened in Florence.

Bridge in Robeson County to be replaced soon

The project to replace a bridge in Robeson County is scheduled to begin this winter.

Marion police lieutenant sues city, accuses former chief of raping her

A lieutenant with the Marion Police Department is suing former Marion Police Chief Dewayne Tennie and the city of Marion, alleging she was raped by Tennie on several occasions and the city failed to take corrective action.

South Carolina drivers can now cash in on gas tax

Attention South Carolina drivers! Did you save your gas receipts last year? Starting this year, you can claim a portion of that money you spent on gas on your income taxes.

First American Indian district attorney in NC to be sworn in Thursday

The first American Indian district attorney in North Carolina is set to take the oath of office on Thursday, according to a news release from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke.

Winning $1 million Mega Millions ticket purchased in SC

A winning $1 million ticket for Tuesday night’s Mega Millions drawing was purchased in the Palmetto State.

Man posing as pastor smuggles drugs into Scotland County Detention Center, deputies say

Deputies have arrested a man who allegedly smuggled drugs into the Scotland County Detention Center while posing as a pastor.

Deputies investigating after person injured in drive-by shooting

A person was injured in a drive-by shooting early Tuesday morning in Darlington County.

Troopers at scene of wreck with injuries in the Pee Dee

Troopers with the South Carolina Highway Patrol are at the scene of a traffic accident with injuries in Darlington County.

SCHP reports deadly crash in Williamsburg Co.

One person killed in a single vehicle crash in Williamsburg County.

’He was always happy, always friendly;’ Family, coworkers remember teenager killed in hit-and-run

- Employees at the HWY 55 Burgers, Shakes and Fries on Woody Jones Blvd held a memorial in honor of their fellow coworker, 19-year-old Jordan Stackhouse.

Dash cam video released from deadly deputy involved shooting in Darlington County

For the first time, we are getting a new perspective behind a shooting involving Darlington County deputies back in October that left a woman dead.

Man arrested, charged following shooting in Rowland area

A man has been charged following a shooting in the Rowland area that left one person injured, according to a news release from the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office.

Florence County Sheriff says tragedy brought deputies closer together

Florence County Sheriff Kenney Boone took a moment Sunday to reflect on a tumultuous 2018 for his unit. “As we begin 2019, we acknowledge the lessons learned through the tragic events on October 3, 2018,” Boone began in a Facebook post. “On that day, we learned how much our officers were willing to

DCSO still searching for leads in Friday night armed robbery

The Darlington County Sheriff’s Office is stills searching for answers Saturday after an armed robbery at a convenience store. Lt. Robby Kilgo says the incident happened at the Gay Ann Convenience Store & Grill on Warren Street, near W Main Street. As of Saturday Kilgo says there has been no update

Hartsville child sends Santa letters for homeless

The city of Hartsville is recognizing the kind gesture of a child who sent some special letters to Santa Claus this year.

Coroner identifies inmate who died in Florence County custody; SLED investigating

An inmate has died after being found unresponsive in the Florence County Detention Center Thursday morning.

’No time for fun and games:’ Robeson County Sheriff asks for public’s assistance in fatal shooting

The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office is asking for your help in a shooting investigation that left one man dead Wednesday.

One killed in Pamplico crash Thursday

One person is dead after a crash in Florence County Thursday morning.

Historic Pee Dee district garners national attention

The historic Jamestown District in Florence County has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Company locating to Marlboro County, will create 130 new jobs

A producer of modular homes and modular panels for the residential building industry will locate its operations in Marlboro County.

Second person dies following Christmas Eve fire in the Pee Dee

A second person has died following a fire that happened Christmas Eve in Mullins.

One killed in single-vehicle crash in Florence County

One person was killed in a single-vehicle crash Thursday morning in Florence County.

Business is booming for newly expanded Florence Center

It’s been nearly a year since the expansion of the newly rebranded Florence Center was complete.

Drugs, money seized in Robeson County; suspect charged

A man is facing several charges after drugs were reportedly found inside a vehicle Monday afternoon.

Manna House in Florence serves Christmas dinners to those in need

Dozens of people enjoyed a free breakfast and warm dinner at the Manna House on Jarrott Street during their annual Christmas service.

One killed in Christmas morning crash in the Pee Dee

One person was killed in a Christmas morning crash in Marion County, according to coroner Jerry Richardson.

One killed, three injured in Christmas Eve house fire in Mullins

One person was killed in a fire Monday at a home on Clark Street in Mullins, according to Marion County Coroner Jerry Richardson.

Deputies seek missing man who may be in danger

Deputies with the Scotland County Sheriff’s Office are searching for a missing man who may be in danger.

Store owner honors fallen Florence officers with window display

This holiday season, businesses in downtown Florence decked their store fronts with Christmas decorations, but one business stood out.

Victim in fatal I-95 crash identified

One person was killed in a single-vehicle crash Sunday afternoon on Interstate 95 in Florence County.

State education board suspends former West Florence High principal’s teaching certification

New documents explain what happened to two faculty members from West Florence High School after they were placed on administrative leave within a month of each other.